Steppers guide users through the steps of a task.
When a task is more advanced or complicated, visual help from a stepper lets the user know where they are in the current process.
- Do not use with less than three steps.
- Avoid titles that are too long. Titles should be to the point and short, no more than three words if possible.
- Keep the item labels as short as possible.
- Use meaningful item labels that explain the function.
- Item labels should be in the active tense.
- Do not mix nouns and verbs. Pick one or the other.
- Always use icons that clearly communicate their intended purpose.